1.) Diverging: when I playing the bowling, I will imagine to roll a bowling ball to make a STRIKE(全中) at the moment, but before, I will see the other professional players how to play it.
2.) Assimilating: I will see the professional players in the teaching video, they how to keep the body to balance and rolls technique. After that, I think I would like to play well if I following the teaching video.
3.) Converging: I will ask the teacher/professional players to obtain some tips, such as I should hit which pin that can easily to make a STRIKE as possible.

4.) Accommodating: I will try the skills I had learnt in the Bowling Alley, for example, keep the well balance pose and hit the target pins. I trust I will play it better and better through more practices.
Reference: http://www.csa.edu.hk/~pe/bowling/diction.htm (visited at 13/2/2009)

That's an relevant example and it's better than our class example. Do you think the Kolb's model is too simple?
回覆刪除Good example that is easy to understand. Through accommodating, whenever you failed to make a strike, would you back to diverging?
回覆刪除I also have this experience during Chinese New Year. I was my first time to play bowling. In my experience, I had done the converging step first, then went to assimilating step. Although that's not the Kolb learning cycle, i can make two STRIKE. XD
回覆刪除So, maybe i follow the Kolb learning cycle next time, i can make more STRIKE.