The last OL lesson, we meet the bloom’s taxonomy again, we had a basic concept about that in the previous KM lessons, but on the last OL lesson, we learned the bloom’s taxonomy deeply with more explanations.
There are two types of bloom’s taxonomy, one is Original Terms (Knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis, Evaluation); and the other one is New Terms (Remembering, Understanding, Applying, Analyzing, Evaluating, Creating), I find the confusing when I study these two types, and I want to know about which type is best to describe the learning process?
In my personal views, I prefer the New Terms, because I think that the Creating should be put at the last stage, as we have many ideas at the same time, we need to evaluate these ideas, and we finally can create a new and useful idea.
2009年2月8日 星期日
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)

Your opinion of the two types of Bloom's taxonomy is quite good. I think both of them can clearly describe the learning process and there's just a little difference between them. In my point of view, The concept of New Terms is relatively easy to understand and the last stage - creating can facilitate to learn new skill efficiently!
回覆刪除I think both orignial and new bloom's taxonomy are fine to use. It just depends on the context in which one best describes the situation. Take Nam's post as reference, financial analysts analyze and then synthesize the data and information into a plan. Time have to be taken so that the outcome can be realized and the plan can be evaluated.
回覆刪除Yeah~~Nice to hear anne agree with me@@
回覆刪除Go back to this topic, i think the original terms is better to describe the learning process. I think people who stay in evaluation level must be hold a lot of experience in trial and error methods. In the New Terms, creating is base on evaluating, but i think that after creating somethings, you also need to evaluate this things is work or not, therefore the evaluation level may be at the top of learning process, do you agree with me, sam? ^^"
Yes, I also have your confuse of Revised Bloom's Taxonomy too. I try to find more information about this.
回覆刪除I find this website which talk about revised bloom's taxonomy.
http://coe.sdsu.edu/eet/Articles/bloomrev/index.htm
According to Anderson and Krathwohl (2001), revised Bloom's original taxonomy by combining both the cognitive process, and knowledge dimensions.
You can see more details in this website.
Hope you understand more and share with me then! :)
the original and revised taxonomy are similar to one another except the LAST TWO stages. And read the slides again, and integrate with the diagram. You will have a better idea about it. As mentioned in the class, we are not going to state the BEST for organizations. It should be the management to choose the respective taxonomy and apply in their organizations.
回覆刪除